Metal stamping continuous die (progressive die) design of nine details
With the increasing wages of workers in the stamping industry, reducing the manual manufacturing cost of stamping has become a pressing matter of the moment for metal stamping manufacturers. One of them is the most common use of continuous die. The use of continuous die can be very good to establish a low cost and high efficiency of automatic stamping production line. But because the continuous die requires precision, the component is complex. In the design of the need to pay attention to the problem compared with the general stamping die is more elegant, which is mainly reflected in the following aspects:
(1) punching more, the length of the small punch should not be too large for the multi-punch medium pressure die, according to the size of the punch to make different height of the punch, the formation of a stepped type, it can avoid the maximum pressure in the punch at the same time, can effectively reduce the punch pressure, reduce the load of the punch. But it should be noted that for the step punch, in order to ensure that the punch has enough stiffness, the size of the small punch should be made shorter, the big one is longer, and the difference between the two is the height of sheet metal thickness). In this way, the large hole is punched first and then the small hole is punched. Otherwise, it will form a large hole when the material extrusion punch, small punch due to lack of rigidity and vibration.
(2) The continuous die as far as possible to add retaining material, side edge and other step distance positioning device for the continuous die medium pressure workpiece must solve the problem of accurate positioning of the strip, to ensure the consistent step distance of the continuous die, it is possible to push out
Lattice parts, continuous die, commonly used positioning devices are fixed baffle pin, guide pin, guide plate, side edge, and other forms. When stamping, the initial positioning with a fixed baffle pin, blanking with a guide pin installed in the die to ensure the correct positioning of the strip. The side edge is used to control the feeding distance of each step. The length of the side edge should be equal to the step length plus 0.05-0.5mm, depending on the thickness of the material.
(3) the guide pin of the continuous die should not be too long. In order to control the feeding step, the continuous die must have a better positioning device. The commonly used positioning device has the guide pin, the initial baffle pin, the side edge, the guide pin, etc., The guide pin is a kind of precision positioning method which is widely used in the continuous die. It can alarm and stop the machine and play the role of protecting the dead. Therefore, it is often used in the continuous stamping die. In the high precision continuous medium pressure die, it is commonly used to punch the middle hole, and then adopt the guide pin to guide the coil in each working step. In this case, the diameter of the guide pin used is usually 1.2-6mm. must pay attention to the length of the guide pin can not be too large, into the length of the guide hole can not be too large, otherwise it will cause mold feeding is not smooth, with material and so on. For this purpose, the straight length of the guide pin of the continuous medium pressure die shall be: the thickness of the fixed template of the guide pin + the thickness of 1 material.
(4) should not be used in continuous mode such as automatic punching die optimal force glue, polyurethane rubber stripping device for continuous die mould for the production of the high efficiency, its life often rushed in 50-5 million times or more, overrunning in more than 40 times/min if using optimal force glue and polyurethane discharging the elastic component, on the one hand, discharge power, discharge unreliable, on the other hand, Their life is also limited, in order to ensure the reliable normal operation of the continuous die, reduce maintenance, generally should use the spring with strong life as the discharge element.
(5) the complex or elongated shape of the continuous stamping die should not be rushed out
The complex and elongated shape of the continuous die should not be rushed out at one time. If the process allows, it should be split into a number of middle heads and stamped step by step, which can make the mold hole easier to process and extend the service life and convenient to repair the die. Improve production efficiency
(6) Design reserved empty step to facilitate debugging and mold change
The design of empty station should not be ignored when designing continuous deep drawing parts or products with unstable forming size. For this kind of mold, in the design of sample drawing, often in the first human pulling tea and will leave an empty station D, leave some room, so that after the mold test can also make appropriate changes and adjustments. The gland parts are left empty between the third drawing and the second drawing. In addition, when the punch or die, the opening distance is too close to protect the punch. Concave die insert, small die frame, hard alloy insert and other structural needs, also want to leave space on the sample drawing. A vacant station is left between the shaping step and the final blanking step to facilitate the installation of the die and the unloading plate and improve the strength of the die.
(7) anti-jumping design
Continuous dying is a product of continuous stamping process, especially encountered punching and cutting more cases in the stamping process to avoid product crush. And mold stability, usually needs to do skip scrap structure. Mainly from the following points to start: 1. The punch made of special-shaped, can increase the adhesion of waste materials on the moon; 2. Punch with an air hole; 3. The cutting edge is made of V-shaped or dovetail clamping material form; 4. Put the blanking clearance reasonably to reduce the jump. 5
(8) The carrier of the continuous die cannot be deformed
The workpiece of each process in the continuous die is transferred by the lap edge of the material, and the workpiece is generally separated from the material in the final blanking process. This lap is called the carrier of the continuous module. In the continuous die, the common carrier forms are: edge material carrier, intermediate carrier, double-sided carrier, unilateral carrier and other forms. The edge material carrier is used to flush out the leading hole on the edge of the workpiece, so as to position the forming process such as deep drawing and bending. This kind of carrier design is simple, reliable, saves material, so it is widely used. The middle carrier is along the belt material, around the workpiece cut off most of the material. Only in the middle of the width direction of the belt material left a little connecting material. This carrier rigidity is not good, continuous stamping stability is not good enough. Double-sided carrier is left less pry material on both sides of the belt, the carrier is rigid and not easy to deform, often used in the continuous stamping of thin material and large distance workpiece. The unilateral carrier only leaves a little material on the side of the material. This kind of carrier is poor in rigidity and can only be used for the continuous medium pressure of the workpiece with larger material thickness and smaller input distance. In order to ensure the dimensional accuracy of the step distance and improve the stability of the continuous die, the carrier should not be deformed, so the design of the carrier is an important aspect of the continuous die design. In order to ensure sufficient strength and rigidity of the carrier, it is often used to increase the lap size appropriately. When the strength of single-sided carrier is insufficient, double-sided carrier and intermediate carrier can be designed. The process incision is rushed out between the carrier and the workpiece, so that the carrier is separated from the workpiece, and the deformation of the workpiece will not affect the deformation of the carrier.
(9) Quick disassembly and anti-freeze parts
In the design of continuous die, quick disassembly and anti-stalling of parts/standard parts are very important. Because to achieve the purpose of fast repair mold, the continuous mold maintenance rarely removes the whole set of mold machine, but in the case of shutdown separately remove the need to repair parts and templates, so the need to design a quick demolition structure. While replacing the parts and templates with new parts, it is often easy to install parts and mistake the direction of the template, resulting in broken molds, so we need to pay attention to parts and templates to prevent staying.